Managed service providers (MSP’s) simplify IT for global organizations of all sizes — and cloud services present new opportunities that enable these service providers to grow their revenues. Now, let’s take a closer look at MSP’s and how they can capitalize on cloud services.
How Do MSP’s Support Global Organizations?
The MSPs remotely manage global organizations’ IT infrastructure and deliver services to help organizations streamline their IT. Working towards driving more revenue growth becomes the focus of the organizations.
There are three types of MSPs:
- Pure-Play: Manage IT services and help organizations keep their technology running
- Value-Added: Offer IT services to keep organizations’ technology running with additional services to help organizations get the most value out of their technology
- Outsourced: Provide a full spectrum of high- and low-level IT services; outsourced MSPs usually use their own equipment from their own headquarters to deliver these services
There is no shortage of services provided by MSPs, either. Common managed services include:
- Communication: A single package of bundled data, voice and video services
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): Include software applications owned and hosted by an MSP and sold on a subscription basis
- Data Analytics: Provide network data monitoring that enables organizations to transform data into relevant, actionable insights
MSP’s are becoming exceedingly important to global organizations. No signs of slowing down in the worldwide managed services market in the near future.
Worldwide managed services market revenues are projected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% between 2017 and 2022, according to industry analyst Kenneth Research. These revenues could totally near to $253 billion by 2022.
How Can an MSP Distinguish Itself from the Competition?
Merely offering managed services is insufficient. The global managed services market is fierce, and today’s MSP’s must allocate time and resources to learn about the market and identify growth opportunities. An MSP is something that completely understands the managed services market landscape. MSP’s thrive to the present and the future being the others.
There are lots of things that an MSP can do to distinguish itself from industry rivals, including:
- Make a Plan: Prioritize a single industry and offer services tailored to this sector. An MSP can build out its clientele across myriad industries over time
- Prospects and Customers Engagement: Use blog posts, social networks and other online tools to educate and inform prospects and customers
- Become an Industry Expert: Perform audits against industry regulations to highlight the quality of managed services available
As an MSP grows, it should constantly search for ways to expand its services, too. That way, an MSP can continuously grow its revenues and expand globally.
Anyhow, it’s not simple to find out the right offerings. If an MSP incorporates cloud services into its portfolio, it could reap the benefits of this decision for years to come.
Why Should MSP’s Offer Cloud Services?
A “cloud-first” strategy is quickly becoming a must-have for global organizations — and perhaps it is easy to understand why. There are many reasons why organizations leverage cloud offerings, including:
- Cost Savings: Reduce or eliminate the costs associated with managing and maintaining IT systems
- Flexibility: Enable organizations to provide fast, secure data access to workers around the world
- Business Continuity: Ensure organizations can protect their data and keep their critical systems in the times of any natural disaster or power outage occurs
The global public cloud services market is expected to be worth $214.3 billion this year and “grow exponentially” through 2022, technology research firm Gartner indicated.
Gartner stated that by the year 2022, the cloud is projected to be a $317 billion industry. The MSPs that integrate cloud services into their portfolios may position themselves for long-lasting success.
How Can MSPs Deliver Cloud Services?
Building a cloud business may seem difficult for an MSP. An MSP can seamlessly incorporate cloud services into its portfolio and help customers optimize these services. This is possible only with the right partner at its disposal.
The areas that the ideal cloud services partner can support are as follows:
- Security: Uses built-in redundancies and constant backups and contingencies to prevent IT downtime and outages
- Integrations: Makes it simple to integrate cloud services into monitoring, chat and ticketing tools
- Incident Management: Automates major incident management and improves uptime
At AlertOps, we strive to be your cloud services partner. We want to help MSPs capitalize on the growing cloud market. We provide a proven incident response orchestration management platform. This enables MSPs to identify and resolve incidents much faster.
Why Should MSPs Choose AlertOps?
The AlertOps major incident management and response platform is essential for ITOps, NOC and DevOps teams. It allows MSP’s to keep their teams up to date on IT incidents and prevent downtime and outages. The end result: MSP’s can eliminate costly, time-intensive IT incidents.
The other wide range of features that AlertOps platform are as follows:
- Flexible On-Call Schedules: Enable an MSP to create custom schedules for different teams to help each team maximize its time and resources
- Live Call Routing: Ensures an MSP can route calls to the right team members in real-time
- Role-Based Security: Allows an MSP to assign different security roles to team members
- Alert Aggregation: The right messages can be routed to the right teams’ time and time again by connecting to monitoring tools.
- Automatic Escalations: Delivers messages to key stakeholders and managers. An alert will be assigned or closed automatically.
AlertOps offers an Open API that connects to virtually any cloud-based app. Our Open API enables MSPs to build extendable and powerful workflows — and take their incident management capabilities to new heights.
The Bottom Line on MSP’s and Cloud Services
Cloud services help global organizations accelerate their operations, lower their operating costs and drive growth and innovation. Yet these organizations often need experts to implement and manage cloud environments.
MSP’s can deliver cloud services to help global organizations thrive and ensure cloud services surpass customer expectations. If an MSP finds the right cloud services partner, it can do just that — and more.
AlertOps is happy to partner with MSP’s and ensure these service providers can benefit from a growing cloud market. Our major incident management and response platform helps MSPs detect and address incidents. Plus, our platform is easy to use and meets the needs of pure-play, value-added and outsourced MSP’s.
Don’t wait to get started with cloud — contact us today, and we can help an MSP leverage our major incident management and response platform in conjunction with cloud services.