A typical alert management system enables enterprises to deliver notifications to incident management teams – and that’s all. But what happens if multiple teams need to engage with one another to troubleshoot a major incident? In this instance, it may be impossible for an enterprise to use its alert tracking system to notify the right stakeholders, at the right time. As such, this enterprise may suffer brand reputation damage, revenue losses and other problems due to its inability to alert key stakeholders about an incident and streamline incident response.
For enterprises, it is paramount to use an alert management system that boasts manual paging capabilities. In fact, an enterprise alert tracking system with manual paging offers many benefits over all other options, and these benefits include:
- You can connect team members via a conference bridge. An incident management team can send a voice message or email to get the right stakeholders to join a call – with no dial-in instructions required.
- You can send simultaneous page-outs to large groups. An incident management team can send alerts to multiple groups at the same time. Or, an incident management team can instantly deliver multi-modal pages to large groups across an enterprise.
- You can send manual pages from a service desk app. An incident management team can assign groups and bridge numbers from a service desk and provide status updates to a service desk in real-time.
- You can reach out to many teams and users in just seconds. An incident management team can leverage pre-built topic templates to page out for a major incident. Plus, topics can be assigned to teams to further accelerate incident response.
- You can track an incident’s status. You can keep a record of every person who is alerted about an incident, along with alert methods, escalations and acknowledgements.
Manual paging is one of several key features that an enterprise needs to consider as it searches for the ideal alert management system. However, an enterprise that allocates time and resources to analyze the different types of alert tracking systems can make an informed decision. As a result, this enterprise can empower its incident management team with the ability to keep pace with downtime, outages and other incidents and help it resolve such problems faster than ever before.