AlertOps & Slack Integration
Slack provides real-time messaging, archiving and search to bring all your team’s communication together in one place.
Here are some of the things you can do when you integrate Slack with AlertOps:
- You can create three-way integrations:
- Connect your monitoring tools to AlertOps
- Connect your service desk to AlertOps
- Connect Slack to your team in AlertOps
- Now, when an alert is received from your monitoring tool, AlertOps will send a notification to your team on their Slack channel.
- AlertOps will then open the incident in your service desk.
- AlertOps will consult the team’s on-call schedule and alert the primary on-call person using voice, text and email.
- If the primary does not take assignment, AlertOps will continue on down the on-call schedule, alerting each person until someone takes assignment.
- In Slack, a user can take assignment.
- When a user takes assignment, AlertOps will update the incident in your service desk to show the assignment.
- When a user closes the incident in Slack, AlertOps will close the incident in your service desk.
These are examples of just some of the capabilities you have with Slack and AlertOps.
AlertOps has many features to make your incident management life easier: multi-modal communication, teams with on-call schedules, customizable messages, routing rules, customizable workflows and escalations, SLA based severity management and much more.
At AlertOps we offer over 50 of the top third party integrations for monitoring, service desk, hosting and chat tools and we are adding more every day! If you’re new to AlertOps, sign up for a free trial to get started today!